We noticed an uptick in customer questions on our social media sites that cover a bit more ground than usual. While we welcome questions and comments from our customers, we thought we'd offer a few more FAQs more specifically about brass.
You can find our business terms and conditions/FAQs on our website that cover stuff like shipping costs (free inside the US!), timeframes (depends since everything we do is custom work), and return policy. They are pretty much in line with our industry, other than the free shipping - most sellers require a minimum purchase amount for this.
Here are some FAQs that are a bit more unique to us and our approach to manufacturing high-quality designer brass hardware and accessories.
1. We honestly believe brass is best! Brass is such a great metal to work with. It's sturdy, but flexible enough for creativity for accessories like guest towel trays that make a powder room feel as ritzy as restrooms at a 5-star Michelin establishment! And because brass is highly resistant to moisture, we've created a a dozen different types of brass wire baskets for bathtubs and showers.
Here's a wall-mounted glass and brass guest towel holder from our Monte Carlo collection finished in antique copper. Below is a multilevel oval basket made with brass and brass wire, shown in a matte gray finish.
2. While we love brass, we aren't blind to other metals. We introduced the Pipeline and Camo collections, which feature accessories made from pipe, in 2018 and 2020. Pipe is not just incredibly strong, it's become a popular feature in decor, from industrial pipes that decorate apartments and eateries to accessories. We use pipe for our most recent kitchen accessory - mug holders - which are available as countertop, wall-mounted, and under-the-cabinet use.
We incorporate glass crystal as a feature detail in our Carolina Crystal collection. There are two crystals in the cabinet pull below, shown in an antique pewter finish.
It may seem unlikely for brass enthusiasts like us to appreciate synthetic material, but we really like using acrylic and include it in three of our collections:
Clearview, Pacific Beach, and Pacific Grove.
Below is a Clearview two-arm, wall-mounted guest towel holder with acrylic arms. Note the grooved ring detail, one of four that also include smooth, twisted, and dotted.
3. We design and manufacture glass and wood shelves in single, double, and triple tiers. Glass shelves are also available to fit in corners and in as hanging shelves. We've added glass and wood shelves to go over toilet paper holders and paper towel holders. We often include towel bars under shelves and add gallery rails to shelves. Here's a single glass shelf with both, from our Remi collection, finished in satin brass.
Here's a triple wood shelf from our Carolina collection with a towel bar and in a bright brass finish.
Our shelves come in 16" and 22" sizes.
4. We include installation instructions and hardware with all our products. Mounting brackets, which are hidden from view, are made from steel to provide maximum strength. All parts that are visible/decorative are made from brass or pipe (depending on the collection) and in the finish or color selected for the product. Installation instructions and product technical specifications can also be found on the product page on our website.
5. We partner with a leading powder color customizer to provide custom colors for our products. There is a one-time fee for this service; going forward, the color is available to the customer at no charge. We recently wrote about our color services.
6. If you are not 100% satisfied with an Allied Brass product, you can return it within 30 days from the purchase date for a full refund. The item must be in the same condition as when it was shipped and in the original packaging. Here is our full returns policy.
7. All our products are warranted against all defects in material and workmanship during normal use for as long as the original purchaser owns his or her own home. Here is the full warranty information.
Email us with your questions - firstname.lastname@example.org