We've noticed a lot of activity in laundry room decor. Once relegated to basements and other out-of-the-way spaces, laundry rooms are getting a lot of respect from designers these days.
And why shouldn't they? After all, it's where our clothing, linens, towels, and beloved stuffed animals are washed. (We used to tell the kids that Bunny or Bear was having a spa day.)
Just as garages were a focus in the early 2000s, the late twenty-teens are reimagining laundry rooms. We've been doing our part for a few years now with cleverly designed, attractive, and retractable garment rods that neatly fold down when not in use.
Two are shown above: the top one is finished in a handsome brushed bronze, while the second one features the inlay from our new Carolina Crystal collection.
The Garment Rod Saves the Day!
When we first released our garment rod collection, we imagined they would mostly be used in mudrooms and maybe closets to hold items fresh from the dry cleaner's. Or to hang up a blazer to remind us that there was an Important Reception coming up that required something more formal than a Yankees jersey.
(Remember, we were still operating in New York at the time)
Then we started seeing really, really nice laundry rooms being featured in new homes. It wasn't long before places like House Beautiful and Houzz started showing laundry rooms that frankly, we could have happily lived in during our early, post-NYU years.
We realized that the new laundry rooms, with all their cabinetry and cute little cupboards, could really use a garment rod or two for those items that cannot be put in the dryer. Yet another way garment rods save the day!
It's worth reprinting six reasons we've given in the past to install garment rods in a laundry room, closet, or mudroom
- Space Savers. Our garment rods don't need a lot of space to install. Fully extended, they reach out 8" from the wall and retract to easily fit into an end wall or doorframe.
- Easy to Install. They weigh just two pounds and are easy to install. Plus, each rod is made from solid brass and comes with a lifetime guarantee.
- Strong! These sturdy garment rods hold up to 20 pounds.
- Useful Throughout the Home. In addition to laundry rooms, closets, and mudrooms, people install them in guest bathrooms as well.
- Lots of Finishing Options. Allied Brass' garment rods come in 17 standard finishes, powder-pressed to prevent fading or peeling.
- Customizable. We can customize these rods to meet a particular style or color. Just give us a call or email to discuss your specs.
- Appeals to DIY-ers.