Garment rods are a great way to add more vertical storage to any room of your home. These useful features are easy to install, too. If you’re interested in adding one to your home, keep reading to learn how to install garment rods for any room.
Where To Hang a Garment Rod
You can add a garment rod to any room for a bit of extra storage space. The garment rods from Allied Brass are stylish choices that will complement any interior design. To get the inspiration flowing, here are a few examples of applications for these installations. You’ll often see garment rods in bathrooms to hold towels, bathmats, and other toiletries. Garment rods are also great in your closet space or in a mudroom for hanging clothes, coats, hats, scarves, and other accessories. This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to their practicality, though.
What You Will Need
Before you begin the installation process, you’ll need a few tools to get started. First, select the spot where you want to hang your garment rod. For a fully retractable model, you’ll need at least 10 inches of wall depth. Also, make sure that the desired placement is on a wooden stud in your wall or a solid area. You’ll also need a power drill, screws for attaching the base, and a pencil to mark your measurements along the wall.
How To Install Your Garment Rod
Follow these instructions for a perfect installation every time:
- Once you have located a wall stud, place the garment rod against the desired spot on the wall. Mark the holes you will need to drill with a pencil and set the rod down.
- Drill ¾’’ into the wall, and make sure you have space for the minimum depth of 10 inches.
- Insert the garment rod into the housing or base, and then insert both into the drilled hole.
- Fasten the screws into the base and screw into the wall to hold everything.
- Screw in the handle or knob to the end of the garment rod and test it out.
If you follow these directions for how to install garment rods for any room, your installation process will be quick and easy. Garment rods are easy to install and can look great in any room. Most of all, they offer an easy way to add vertical storage to an otherwise crowded space. Enjoy finding places in your home to add this convenient feature.